Posting Videos and Pictures of Students?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jeff Utecht Jeff Utecht 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Profile photo of Dianne McKenzie

That is a tough question and one I have avoided asking about really – if I want to use pics of students at school I try to use ones that do not show the complete face, but are side on, looking down or just partials. I certainly do not attach names to the pics.

Would this be the same as posting pics of complete strangers that we take photographs of that we use on our own sites elsewhere such as flickr and instagram that are taken & used without permission? Or is it more than that? Ethics of online images ….

• Profile photo of Jessica Charvat

Thanks – I am going to try to get more pictures without faces. That seems like a pretty safe way of posting ethically. :)

• Profile photo of Jeff Utecht

Every school has different policies around this. Actually in Course 2 we ask you to look at policies like this. I always find it funny that we worry about things like this. Why students themselves…and their parents put images of them all over the web. Not sure where this fear comes from or why…but in course 2 we have you try to change policies like this in your school.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Group logo of Online 2 Cohorting
Public Group
active 2 years, 6 months ago ago

A group set up for those who are in The Online 2 cohort to connect, converse and question with each other.