Jumping Aboard is intended to share the author’s ideas about innovative ways of using technology within the classroom while maintaining a healthy balance of outdoor activities.
Brent Fullerton is an educator with twenty years of learning and teaching abroad. Brent studied elementary and physical education at Northern Arizona University (1995) and holds a masters in educational technology from the University at Buffalo New York State (2013).
- American Community School – Amman, Jordan (1997-2003, 2016-present)
- Dostyk American International School – Atyrau, Kazakhstan (2013-2016)
- Pasir Ridge International School – Balikpapan, Indonesia (2007-2013)
- Northbridge International School – Phnom Penh, Cambodia (2004-2007)
- Soda Creek Elementary School – Steamboat Springs, Colorado (2003-2004)
- Cactus Canyon Junior High – Apache Junction, Arizona (1996-1997)
BEYOND THE CLASSROOM
An intrepid adventurer, Brent enjoys getting out to those funky places not commonly visited. Brent is an American Mountain Guides Association Top-Rope Site Manager and in 2002 created Adventure Recreation Club, an outdoor adventure outfit dedicated to teaching the basics of outdoor leadership, rock climbing, and mountain biking. Over the years, Brent has guided people on the sandstone monoliths of Wadi Rum, Jordan, pioneered Cambodia’s first sport climbing crag, and started the first wall climbing and mountain biking club for international students, in Balikpapan, Indonesia (Borneo).
- Family Bike & Run Race – collaboration with Jordanian company Bike Rush to design and host a sustainable family oriented adventure race event in Jordan.
- CalEarth SuperAdobe – partnering with CalEarth Institute to teach method of building safe and accessible earth domes in Southern Jordan.
- Go Bedouin – venture with Zalabyeh Bedouin tribe of Wadi Rum, Jordan, to build sustainable eco-campsite and small businesses in the “Yosemite of the Middle East.”
- Adventure Recreation Club – outfit dedicated to teaching outdoor leadership, rock climbing, mountain biking and minimal-impact camping.