NETs – To be or not to be?
- Standards provide the ‘safety nets’ to practice and play within
- The big question is – are the standards the guiding force or driving force?
- It’s a fine line when the focus shifts from the content standards to tech standards. What’s the focus – subject specific learnings or the learning of the tech tool?
- If tech resources are available anytime, anywhere, then is there a need to be teaching-to tech standards? Aren’t the tech tools a medium to help students learn about – creativity, collaboration, communication, social skills, problem solving
- Does it matter who’s teaching the tech skills – c’room teacher, tech teacher or both? isn’t it limiting?