Slowly getting over my jet lag and getting back into the swing of things here in Bangkok…I always struggle more with jet lag coming this way.
I can’t believe we’re in Week 4 already! Crazy! How are you doing? Are we learning anything yet? Again this first course is about setting up the systems and doing some broad readings into technology and it’s impact on education. From here we start focusing on specific skills, and programs.
Some updates for week 4:
1. Make sure you add the main COETAIL RSS Feed to your Google Reader. As I’m posting things there for the entire community. Kim and Dana will be posting things as well. Our own reflections from our learning along the journey. You can read my latest reflection from my trip to the States here.
2. Also make sure you add this blog’s RSS feed to your reader as well. That way you’ll be updated as soon as I post new information here.
3. We have one more SUNY piece to complete. We have to fill out a “Course Registration Form” for each class as we take them. It’s a pain, but something we have to do for Higher Ed. I’ll be releasing the forms and the video this week. My hope is that you can fill out both course 1 and course 2 form at the same time and then be done until next fall with this process. More info to come……
4. Payments and Blog Addresses
There are still quit a few of you who haven’t put your blog address on the blog spreadsheet. This is very important as it’s the only way I can find your blog. Here are the directions if you missed them.
Also there are about 20 of you who have not paid yet. Please try to get this done as soon as possible. The more time I have to spend chasing people down for paperwork and payment the less time I have to read, respond, and help you on your blogs.
5. Getting caught up
I’m focused this week on getting caught up on your grade sheets and doing more reading and commenting on your blogs. It’s been hard not having everyone’s blog in my RSS Reader yet as they are not all on the Google Spreadsheet (see #4).
6. User Account and Blog Creating Disabled
Just an FYI I’ve disabled the ability for people to make new accounts and blogs on the system. This is to help fight spammers. If you still need to set up your account or blog you’ll need to contact me via e-mail.
The end of this week I’m traveling to Seoul Foreign School to participate in two days worth of PD with the staff there. Looking forward to meeting those in the COETAIL program from SFS Face to Face.