Dan Slaughter @dslaughter ?active 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Was a blast working with you. Translation into Korean would be great (maybe a student project) and I am keen to hear the reaction by the Korean community. Keep me posted and enjoy the rest of the school year.
I haven’t heard of Feed but may now have to add it to my summer reading list. I have some of the very same sentiments you have in regards to Google.
They are making fantastic products that offer […]
Writing policy is not my favorite task but I did enjoy the process of collaborating and updating an AUP that I believe fits my school.
The first step for me was to find my school’s current AUP and when I saw the […]
Great post and I really liked the poster. It got me thinking how useful it is it to have an AUP if students can’t remember anything about it. So many times people receive something that needs to be […]
The hyperlink. I have never put too much thought into it before but after some reflection, it really is powerful. As I don’t watch much tv and am now using Google Reader (still not a big fan of Feedly yet) and […]
That is a great idea. Google Form would definitely be the way to go as Jeff suggested. Just need somebody to make it.
Bullying is a serious issue facing students all over the world. When you ask adults if they were ever bullied, many can bring back vivid details from those moments. Bullying is something that sticks with you […]
Great post relating bullies to adults. It is so true about politicians and other people in the spotlight who almost feed off being bullies. Though I haven’t seen any bullying related to nationality in my school, […]
Thanks Jennifer for the comment. I have the same concerns as you as in regards to my digital footprint and feeling behind. However, we are empowered with the understanding of our digital footprint and it is up to […]
Not sure why I hadn’t thought about contacting the owners. I will definitely try this in the future.
Maybe it is because I am not getting the answers I want to hear but the more have learned about copyright and fair use, the less I like it. It is confusing, outdated and I don’t see it getting better soon.
I am also wrapping my head around all the legalism in regards to copyright and fair use. It should be much simpler and one way to move forward is using Creative Commons.
For me this starts with […]
Thanks for the comment. The sleep app definitely is silly but it is interesting what information can be pulled out from our online activities.
I agree that Google is developing a personalized system in […]
“We don’t need you to type at all. We know where you are. We know where you’ve been. We can more or less know what you’re thinking about.”
Eric E. Schmidt – Google
Sometimes I wonder if instead a digital […]
I had a very similar experience when I joined Twitter. #IBBusiness hasn’t been much of a resource for me but instead I get to see students use expletives about their teachers or against the IB as […]
I apologize for spelling your name incorrectly Lindy.
Thanks for the insight into both your family and you classroom. The statements by your students clearly shows they have been educated on the issues. Reading statements like these or hearing from my […]
I myself am a novice on Google Hangouts but am interested in incorporating it into my teaching. The problem I thought I had was how it would work into my school’s AUP (ours is quite dated) but lucky […]
Thanks for your comments. I agree that typically teachers are more tech savvy then administrators which is why I would want a technology person (Director of Technology or Tech Facilitator) in the […]
The idea of a digital footprint can seem overwhelming. […]
- Load More
COETAIL Events Calendar
- August 13, 2013COETAIL PodcastLocation: Google+Description: The COETAILers get together once a month to talk about what is happening in their cohorts, what has them thinking, and what they have been reading lately in continuing their own professional development. Join the COETAIL Page on Google+
- August 17, 2013COETAIL@Seoul Begin Course 3
- August 31, 2013COETAIL@RIS Course 2Description: COETAIL@RIS starts course 2. Aug 31 - Oct. 5
- September 10, 2013COETAIL PodcastLocation: Google+Description: The COETAILers get together once a month to talk about what is happening in their cohorts, what has them thinking, and what they have been reading lately in continuing their own professional development. Join the COETAIL Page on Google+
- October 8, 2013COETAIL PodcastLocation: Google+Description: The COETAILers get together once a month to talk about what is happening in their cohorts, what has them thinking, and what they have been reading lately in continuing their own professional development. Join the COETAIL Page on Google+
- November 9, 2013COETAIL@RIM
Catch us live the second Tuesday of the month as COETAILers come together to discuss the latest happenings and news. Have something you would like to hear us discuss? Join our COETAIL Google+ Community and help shape our conversation.