Final Project Description

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Heather Heather 2 years, 1 month ago.

Hi, I’ve been thinking about starting to work on the final project, and yet I can’t really find a description of it. All I see is the mention on the grading template of a blog post with an embedded project/lesson plan, and the rubric. Is there an actual description of the project somewhere?

Meghan, just watched the video Jeff posted on the COETAIL site. Maybe you have as well by now. In it he explains in more detail what they are looking for.

It’s due March 18th, right? Ah, just as my report cards are due.

@dekokera, how about summarizing the video? Just because I didn’t come out of it with a clear sense of what to do.

I posted this on the Group Wall when I should have posted here-

I’ve read the Course 1 Project Rubric and reviewed two sample projects, but just to clarify: the project is that we design a unit that incorporates technology (such as the tools we’ve learned about in course 1), right? So as a history teacher, I might design a unit on the Renaissance and Reformation that uses technology to communicate content and assess the students? The rubric mentions including a rubric used to evaluate student work, but none of the examples I saw had that… just want to make sure I’m clear on what we’re making.

More clarifying, are we supposed to use the NETS standards? My school doesn’t use them, but we have our own tech standards. @jtecht, what is the requirement? I am going to post mine today or tomorrow on creating persuasive podcasts.

Yes, I’m a bit confused as well. Especially in the GRASP part – are we supposed to write it as if we are writing it for students to read? I’m also confused as to which standards, as Sarah wrote.

Near as I can tell, it’s deceptively simple: Make a UbD unit plan that uses technology for content acquisition and creation/assessment. Include a rubric for at least one of those assessments. Make sure your standards align with state content/skills and NETS. Post/embed the UbD in your blog, along with a description of the project. Some posts include a final reflection on the course, but I believe this could also be a separate 5th blog post.

Thanks Matt, that is pretty much what I did. Although I didn’t see a rubric on anyone else’s work examples (at least the ones I looked at) so I didn’t include one. Hmmmmm.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Group logo of Online Cohort 2012-2013
Public Group
active 1 year ago ago

This is the group forum and discussion for the COETAIL Online Cohort. Please join this cohort and use this place to discuss, ask questions and communicate with other cohort members.