Energetic educator with over sixteen years of learning and teaching in the Middle East, South East Asia and North America. Using technology to support children’s inquiry. Enriching lives through adventure-based learning and the exploration of natural environments. Core performance and fitness coach.
I attended Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona and earned a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education and minor in Physical Education. I completing a Masters of Science in Multidisciplinary Studies with a concentration Educational Technology Integration from SUNY Buffalo State University.
Intrepid adventurer, I enjoy getting out to those funky places not commonly visited. I am an American Mountain Guides Association Top-Rope Site Manager and in 2002 founded Adventure Recreation Club, an outdoor adventure outfit. I enjoy teaching the basics of outdoor leadership, rock climbing, and mountain biking. Over the years, I have guided people on the desert sandstone monoliths of Wadi Rum, Jordan, pioneered Cambodia’s first sport climbing crag, and started a Balikpapan’s first wall climbing and mountain biking club for international kids.
- Getting Your Google On - skilling up with free, powerful and collaborative Google Apps for the classroom
- Building Up Your Technology Skills Though Blogs - using blogs to integrate technology within the classroom
- Core Fit Conditioning - building functional fitness, flexibility and strength with intense 30 minute workouts
- Rock Climbing Basics - group instruction for the beginner and novice: technique and rope management
- Adventure-based Bootcamp - designing low, medium and high initiatives (mental, emotional, and physical) to promote problem solving, trust, and communication in the workplace.